Thursday, October 2, 2008

Is there hope?

How many of you have been keeping track of the "bail out" bill that has been dancing around the congress for the last week? How many are aware of the vote that happened in the Senate last night? How many are aware of a member of the US House has actually apologized and called on his party to do the same?

Quote from a statement released by Rep. Davis (D-AL) on 9/30/08:

"Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable homeownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong. By the way, I wish my Republican colleagues would admit that they missed the early warning signs, that Wall Street deregulation was overheating the securities market and promoting dangerously lax lending practices. When it comes to the debacle in our capital markets, there is much blame to go around for both sides."


100 members of the Senate along with 435 members of the House of Representatives and this man is the only one to come forward and offer any kind of apology for the whole debacle that has been laid at the feet of the tax payers of this country. One out of 535!!!!

Folks it is high time we held the feet of these people to the fire.

And speaking of holding someones feet to the fire. To the presidential candidate that said that it is my patriotic duty to bail these bastards out let me just say oh hell no!!!!

It was the patriotic duty of those in congress to stop this from happening in the first place. What say we take the bail out funds out of the pay of our elected representatives and senators!! Now there is a bail out plan. They ignored it in 2004 during hearings in the house. Rep. Davis said it correctly...we had it wrong!! So I think it only fitting that those folks pay for the mistake. I think someone ought to put a bill in congress that would give them a pay cut. After all...if I were to botch up a job this bad you can be I would loose money. I would also probably loose my job. Why is it that these people are exempt from any of that? The answer, by the way, is because we let them get away with it!!

Not to mention that one of the presidential candidates has one of the crooks from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae as part of his campaign staff and will probably end up on his cabinet.

Now for those of you who want to know who that candidate is I suggest that you do your own research and get the answer to your question.

But I will tell you this...this kind of action should no be rewarded like this.

Not to mention that fact that 3 of the 4 people currently on the tickets for president and vice president were all part of this crap from the beginning. Biden, Obama and McCain are all members of the Senate and all had a hand in it. Have you heard any of them apologize for what happened at the hands of congress? Nope. Again...let's be clear...this was NOT the president. This was CONGRESS!!!

Get the word out...let's make sure that the jobless rate goes up by 470. That is the number of elected members of congress that are up for reelection. All 435 members of the House and 35 members of the Senate. Let's vote all of them out of office and make them look for a real job.

If I lived in Alabama I might let Rep. Davis stay. At least he is apologizing and saying they had it wrong.

No comments: