Monday, October 6, 2008

Enough is Enough

I think I finally reached my breaking point.

Now I enjoy comedy and I enjoy satire. Anyone who listens to the Dog House on Nowlive.com knows that. But constantly calling a candidate that you happen to oppose is just plain being a moron. As far as I am concerned that is an answer by people who cannot debate the issues with facts because they know they will lose.

I might have lost a good friend last night. I sincerely hope not. But I just cannot take any more of calling an opposing candidate stupid when the one that person is for has made just as many mistakes and stuck his foot in his mouth as well. In fact, I don't usually even mention gaffs that politicians make in my blog. I leave that to the night time shows like Leno.

People who listen to me on NowLive and read my blogs know that I tend to lean conservative. Not democrat or republican...CONSERVATIVE. I have also made no secret of the fact that I voted for our current president and I am not happy with the job he has done. I was not happy with president Clinton. But I am not about to call our current president or any former president stupid. What Clinton did with Miss Monica was stupid. Lying about it was even more stupid. But I have never called president Clinton stupid. I have more respect for someone who has held that office than to use terms like that.

But yet that is the way some like to talk about presidents and former presidents and those running for the office. If you like to do that so be it. It is your right to free speech. But it is also my right not to have to listen and I won't.

So there are some areas on the internet that I will avoid until the election is over. If that offends someones sensibilities I humbly apologize. But it is better for me to stay away then it is to chance losing friendships that I value.

No comments: