Thursday, December 11, 2008

We Need to Take Christmas Back

I got an email from a good friend yesterday. I forwarded it to folks in my email address book and I feel the need to reproduce it here. The title is "Twas the Month Before Christmas".

Twas the month before Christmas
*When all through our land,
*Not a Christian was praying
*Nor taking a stand.
*See the PC Police had taken away,
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say
* December 25th is just a 'Holiday'.
*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod
*Something was changing, something quite odd!
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down
* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.
*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith
* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace
*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.
*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say
*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,
not Happy Holiday!
Please, all Christians join together and
wish everyone you meet during the
holidays a
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Christ is 'The Reason' for the Christ-mas Season!

You know folks, if you don't want to celebrate Christmas that is alright with me. I have no issue with that. I will leave it to you how to explain to your kids how little Johnnie next door got a new bicycle for no apparent reason.

I won't even mind when you get a paid day off for a holiday that you have no intention of celebrating.

But how about just shutting the hell up and letting us have a little fun won't you. No one is telling you to sing the First Noel or Silent Night or God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen or O Come All Ye Faithful or Joy to the World or We Three Kings or O Come Let Us Adore Him. But darn it if I want to sing I sure as hell am going to sing.

I see no where in federal or state law where you are required to purchase and decorate a pine tree or any other tree for that matter. But if I want to put up a CHRISTMAS TREE I should be allowed to do it.

No police officer is going to ticket you or arrest you if you fail to say Merry Christmas to people you meet on the street. But neither should we be arrested for saying Merry Christmas in public where someone may be offended. If it offends you then maybe you should just lock yourself in your house from Thanksgiving til New Years Day.

I am a 54 year old kid and I love Christmas. I love everything about it. My youngest is 28 years old and I still get goose bumps watching her open presents. My 31 year old daughter is living with me now in Mississippi and I will have tears in my eyes as she opens her presents Christmas morning.

So I am going to wish you a Merry Christmas. Go ahead and get pissed or offended if you like. But you are not going to stop me.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

No comments: