Thursday, June 19, 2008

Glad my kids are grown

My wife and I have 3 wonderful children. Okay...so they weren't always so wonderful. Hell...they were kids. My youngest is now 28 and my oldest is 33. So I don't have the problems any more.

I did have one of my kids threaten to call the child protection people in New Jersey cause they felt they were being mis-treated. I grabbed the phone and asked the child what the number was. She never did give me the phone number.

My wife thought I was nuts. I sat all my kids down and told them that I loved them. Part of the that was to see they got the best they up bringing they could. If that would occur with them being raised by someone else then that is the way it had to be. I would miss them and all I wanted was the best for them.

So did you see the story about the 12 year old kid in Canada that took her dad to court because she thought her punishment was too sever? Did you hear that the judge ruled in the 12 year old's favor????

Here is the whole story from Foxnews.com:

A Canadian court has overturned a father's punishment for his daughter after she refused to stay off the Internet, his attorney said Wednesday.

The girl, 12, took her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on Web sites and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer, AFP reported.

The punishment was for the girl's "own protection," according to the father's attorney, Kim Beaudoin, who is appealing the ruling.

"She's a child," Beaudoin told AFP. "At her age, children test their limits and it's up to their parent to set boundaries. I started an appeal of the decision today to reestablish parentalauthority, and to ensure that this case doesn't set a precedent." Otherwise, she continued, "Parents are going to be walking on egg shells from now on."

According to court documents, the girl's Internet usage was the latest in a rash of disciplinary problems.

But Justice Suzanne Tessier, who was presiding over the case, found the punishment too severe.

Can you believe this mess. Now kids can take their parents to court and get their punishments over turned or reduced. This is pure bullshit.

If the state wants to take charge of my kids punishment then they can take care of my kids period. Only problem with that is we can see how they mess everything else up. I mean look at foster care in this country and how messed up it can be.

Parents are just that...the parents. Let the parents decide what is best for their own kids. If there is proof of abuse...then get the kids out. Otherwise stay the hell out of my business.

Those are my thoughts...what are yours?

No comments: