Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can we all just grow-up...Please!!!

I am not in love with my sister and I do not make love to farm animals. Well...at least not any more!

Folks...it is seriously time for all of us to just grow-up.

Jokes about family bloodlines in the south are as old as...well...the hills.

Were Vice President Cheney's remarks about family in West Virginia derogatory? Maybe. But it was also funny as hell. And nothing that Cheney said was that far removed from comments made on stage by the likes of Jeff Foxworthy who made millions of being a redneck.

How is the statement that Cheney made different from..."if you go to the family reunion to pickup women. You might be a redneck." I guess its different on two fronts. One, Jeff Foxworthy isn't in public office and two, he didn't mention a state by name.

Come on people. Its called humor. Hey I currently live and work in Mississippi. Might even be moving there permanently in the near future. Trust me, the folks in the south joke about this as more than people like Cheney do. Oh...and by the way, I have family in West "By God" Virginia and they all joke about it as well. Or at least they did when I was growing up.

It seems like the only ones that don't want us laughing at ourselves are the politicians. If we are not careful it won't be long before you will get pulled over and ticketed. Not for talking on your cell phone. No, this ticket will be for laughing. There will be no laughing!!!

Imagine Reader's Digest without the monthly "Laughter, the Best Medicine" or "Humor in Uniform". Is this where we are headed? Lord I hope not. I truly believe that humor and the ability to laugh is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind.

So lighten up people. Go out and have sex with your cousin. Go to the barn (or nearest petting zoo) and kiss a goat. Have a laugh. You deserve it.

That is my opinion. What do you think?

No comments: