Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big Oil vs Big Enviornmental

Here is an interesting news story about a leading climate change scientist that wants to take the oil executives to court and put them on trial for causing climate change.

Now don't get me wrong. I would love to see the oil execs in a court of law. But for enabling the high price of oil. Not for causing climate change. Actually...let's be honest...what I would like is to have several million of us catch the oil execs in an alley and bit the living tar out of them.

But to take the oil companies to court for climate change is nothing but pure bull.

Then again...how about all these environmentalists and tree huggers take the oil execs to court if we the people have the right to take all of them to court and get the chance to prove that these people are nothing but a bunch of lunatics. They are every bit as bad as the oil execs they hate. Just on the other end of the scale.

Much of the climate change that has been brought forth over the past several decades has been debunked by pure science. The earth does got though natural periods of heating and cooling. Most can be tied to effects from the sun.

There are people trying to predict the weather decades from now and we cannot even get it right on the 10 day forecast.

I am not in favor of just jumping off the cliff all together and saying that man has no part in climate change. I sure that we do. But not to the extent that some of the scientists and others are saying.

You see I also believe that there is a God. I believe He created the heaven's and the earth. Do I know how He did it? Oh hell no. Do I really care how he did it? Oh hell no. But I do believe that His divine hand guided the process used.

If God is perfect (and I believe He is) then His creation is perfect and the only one that can destroy it is God. No human being can ever hope to have that kind of power. Even if we nuked this planet I believe that it would some how survive and life would go on. May be not human life...but life in some form.

You see there is one thing that human beings have had the power to do since Adam and Eve left the garden. We have had the power to destroy ourselves. That my friends is called free will.

But then may be I am just a Christian nut job. But that is my opinion. What is yours?

No comments: