Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I hate air travel

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I was traveling to California to see my lovely wife, smokinbeaver54. And what a day of travel it was.

I was scheduled to leave Jackson, MS at 6:20 AM CT. Now I am a person who is always early to airports. Big airport or small, I am there early. So I was at the airport and sitting at the gate just after 5AM.

There was a high wind condition in Houston and my flight out was delayed. Oh, nothing major, just 4:20 minutes!!! So to say that I missed my connection to Palm Springs was an understatement. Before I left, I had them book me on a flight to Palm Springs leaving at 6PM. Later than I wanted, but at least I would get there.

I was in the air to Houston for just over an hour. By the time I had arrived, all flights to Palm Springs had been cancelled due to the weather. I managed to get booked on another flight that arrived in Ontario, CA. So I had over 6 hours to sit in Houston and wait for my flight.

Houston was a circus. There were so many flights canceled with so many kids on spring break that it was wild. Girls were running around the airport in all manner of undress. Guess they decided spring break was spring break.

I arrived in Ontario at 8:15 PM. Unfortunately, my luggage didn't. Even though I was assured that my bag was moved to my flight it never made it. I get my taxes done this morning and all my tax stuff is in my luggage. My meds are in my luggage. Have I said that I hate Bush Intercontinental Airport sucks?

So I am in Morongo Valley with my wife. I do have clothes here to wear at least.

So a big FUCK YOU to Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.

Now will you please find my damn luggage!!!!

1 comment:

Eboe said...

Damn. I think it's a requirement now for flying that your luggage is lost. I'm considering finding proof of that.

But at least you're with mama, now papa.