Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't lie to me

Are you Serious?

In the news yesterday were all the articles where Barack Obama called the statements made by his long time pastor “inflammatory and appalling.”

In the articles Obama states that he had never heard these statements himself while sitting in the pew. Oh come on Obama!!! Either you sleep through more sermons that I do or you aren’t in church a whole heck of a lot. Or maybe you are just sitting there with your crayons coloring in the bulletin and not paying attention.

Now for the record here, I am a conservative. I don’t call myself a republican simply because I will vote for the candidate I feel is best. It matters not to me whether that person is male, female, republican or democrat. In fact right now I have major issues with a three main candidates.

But I am not going to shy away from voting for a candidate based upon who his pastor is or what that pastor says. I am voting for the candidate not his friends or his pastor. Now the spouse of a pastor does matter to me. She, or he, is going to be our first lady (or gentleman). That is one of the things that bother me about voting for Mrs. Clinton. Now I have no problem with a woman president, I do have a problem with her choice as first husband. But all that is for another time.

Yes, Mr. Obama should answer questions about his stance on what Pastor Wright has said in his sermons. Mr. Obama should answer these questions honestly. Saying that he has never heard his pastor making these remarks while in church brings into question in my mind about whether he is lying or not.

If a politician wants to loose my vote…lie to me.

No comments: