Thursday, May 22, 2008

On the Internet

There have bee many celebrities over the past few years that have learned a very valuable lesson. Any photo or video that you take of yourself or have taken with the intent of being private will not be private for long.

The internet and the ease of digital photographs and video make it easy for even the novice computer user to post pics and video.

Now out of Santa Fe. Texas comes the story about a school system that is confiscating student cell phones because of the transmission of nude photos of underage students. But most of these pics were taken by the individual and sent to a boy friend. The boy friend then sent them to his friends who sent them to their friends who...now they can end up on the internet.

No aside from the obvious argument that confiscating these cell phones may be against the law, what the hell are these girls doing taking nudes pics and sending them to anyone? Oh...and did I also mention that many school systems have rules stating that cell phones are not allowed in the school?

Parents...get a grip of your children. No parent can stop a teen from taking a nude pic and sending it to a friend any more than we can stop teen sex. But we do need to school them on the facts. Any pic that you take may wind up on the internet and be viewed by millions of people. If that doesn't embarrass them, then I guess we don't have much hope to stop it.

We have been trying, as a society, to do away with Playboy...Penthouse...Hustler and magazines like them for ages and have not even made a dent. There are always going to be women willing to show off their stuff to get the easy pay check. But this doesn't need to start when the girl is 13.

That is how I feel. What do you think?

1 comment:

Eboe said...

I'm fairly embarassed to look at myself, much less take a picture of myself nude. But as a girl who was in high school only a few years ago, I can say that every class gets worse every year. Younger children, especially girls, are doing things I would never think of, or dressing a way that you shouldn't in high school: especially AT school.

I think there are many factors in this, mainly parents not teaching their children right from wrong. I do not have a problem with Playboy, Penthouse, etc {though I do not like Hustler for reasons I'll never know..} I never even knew what Playboy was until at least somewhere in high school.

Parents are too afraid of their kids running away or worse, to the point that they would rather be friends, and let them get away with acting like this. I want to smack every single parent that does this.