Monday, February 2, 2009

Sorry

He comes another one. Now Tom Daschle, Obama's selection for Health and Human Services Secretary, is now the latest to be caught with a tax issue.

Doesn't it seem funny that people who wrote the current tax law are having such a problem following the damned thing. Kind of makes you wonder what chance WE THE PEOPLE have and following it.

What is even worse is how you and I would be treated by the IRS and the federal government if we had a tax problem. My daughter and her husband are currently having a federal tax issue and let me tell you that the treatment they are receiving a vastly different from that of the two tax cheats in President Obama's cabinet. Some how with us just saying we're sorry don't exactly end the problem.

Now I in no way think that this is strictly a problem with those in the democrat party. It has become apparent that all those elected folks in Washington are a pack of lying, conniving, cheating, despicable example of the human race. What is worse to me is that the rest of the liars and cheaters are going to be the ones to confirm these liars and cheaters. This may just be a case for the opinion that the patients are running the hospital.

One must wonder if Mr. Daschle would have found the error in his tax returns had he not be selected for this cabinet position. How long would this little error have gone unnoticed? I think the IRS needs to rethink its procedures a bit.

I think it is high time that every member of the House and Senate. Every member of the current administration, regardless of party affiliation be subjected to an IRS audit. With as many of them that seem to be found cheating the government on their taxes I think that would be a great idea. The audit should go back as far as we are allowed, by law, to go. Hey...include those that were part of the previous administration. It all works for me. Just let us see how many of our honest, hard working politicians are honest.

The best one yet though was the Treasury Secretary that said it was because he used Turbo Tax. Do any of you truly believe that this man actually used Turbo Tax to do his returns? I don't. If I were the creators/owners of Turbo Tax I think I would be working on finding out if our friend Mr. Geithner actually used the tax preparation software and if he don't have a license for the stuff I would sue his ass.

At least Daschle just came out and said he made a mistake. Mr. Geithner has to blame it on a computer program that no one, with his background, would ever use.

Now lets add a little insult to injury with this tax issue. I will still have to file California state tax for 2008. Since I have been having Mississippi tax withheld the state of California made me pay quarterly tax payments. Smokin and I made those payments on time for 2008. Now we get told that if we have a refund coming from California that we will get an I.O.U. Now wait a minute...if I would have been late sending in my quarterly payment I would have been in violation of California State law and would have been held accountable for penalty and interest. Yet Arnold and Company, LLC, can give me an IOU and there is no penalty and there is no interest? Oh hell no. I don't mind the IOU. I don't even mind that the State of California got to use my money interest free for a year. But when I forget to render payment and I am hit with interest and penalty and when you don't give me a refund all I get is sorry that is some bullshit.

What would have happened to Smokin and I had we sent in an IOU for a quarterly tax payment. I don't think that California would have been the least bit amused. But if end up owing taxes to California I may just send them an IOU in the mail. I don't plan on ever stepping foot in that state again so what the hell.

No comments: